Lancashire College of Further Education can offer BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver (QCF). This BTEC qualification is delivered by a sector specialist Ã¢â‚¬â€œ an existing taxi driver who is qualified as an NVQ Assessor and Tutor.
Learn how you can study for an accredited qualification which will improve your skills and knowledge as a taxi driver, as well as help you to promote a more professional image for your business. This award is accepted by most Licensing Authorities and is a mandatory requirement by some Authorities before you can apply to be a Taxi Driver. Please check your Local Licensing Authorities for more details.
The course is made up of nine units Ã¢â‚¬â€œ which will include two practical wheelchair observations. All students take the following nine mandatory units:
- Health & Safety in the Taxi and Private hire work environment
- Road Safety when driving passengers in a Taxi or Private hire vehicle
- Professional customer service in the Taxi and Private hire industry
- Taxi and Private Hire vehicle maintenance and safety inspections
- Human Resource Management
- The regulatory framework of the Taxi and Private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire services for passengers who require assistance (includes wheelchair observations)
- Routes and fares in the Taxi and Private Hire vehicle Industries
- Transporting of parcels, luggage and other items in the Taxi and Private hire industry
- Transporting of children and young persons by Taxi or Private hire vehicles
All units are subject to external assessment and achievement of the qualification is through an externally set computer generated test.
The BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver (QCF) is designed to support and enhance the knowledge of prospective drivers who wish to begin or continue a career in transporting passengers. It will provide career opportunities for:
- Persons seeking a career in driving a passenger transport vehicle
- Employed passenger transport drivers who will undertake this qualification as part of their continuing professional development
- Existing passenger transport drivers who wish to return to the industry after an absence and require their qualifications to be updated.
For further information please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call us on 01254-433931