Award in Up-Skilling as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
BTEC Level 2 Award in Up-Skilling as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
This course is the NEW 2015 SIA Specification course. Lancashire College of Further Education is one of the UK’s leading Security training providers for the BTEC Level 2 Award in Up-Skilling as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry.
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) has introduced regulations. Under the new regulations existing door supervisors, who have completed the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualifications (the old 2 unit qualification), would need to undertake additional training in order to renew their Door Supervisor licences.
The course will involve being skilled on how to undertake Physical restraint / intervention in a safe and competent manner
As of February 2013, all SIA Door Supervisors who had completed their qualification, earlier to the new QCF format (ie, they didn’t cover a Physical Intervention Module) will be required to have completed this Up-skilling Course before renewing their current licence.
Even though no formal qualifications are required, individuals need to have the capacity to read and write at literacy Level 2.
Candidates must bring the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on candidates joining instructions.
Candidates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
This new qualification will consist of 2 units:
- Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry;
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
- Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors:
- Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor.
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises.
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor.
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe.
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor.
This course will require the candidates to complete a practical assessment, alongside a paper based test.
This course is delivered over 2 full days and does require some evening study.
Successful candidates will achieve a BTEC Level 2 Award in Up-Skilling as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry
*Please Note This Course Changed To A 2 Day Course In Jan 2015 To Comply With SIA Regulations.
We have a number of enrollment dates throughout the year and can also deliver the course specifically for your organisation. Please call or email us on 01254-43393, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to choose a date that best suits your needs.
No Reviews found for this course.