Level 2 Certificate in Taxi and Private Hire Driver
This course is suitable for anyone looking to pursue career in driving a passenger transport vehicle. It is further suitable for employed passenger transport drivers who wish to undertake this qualification as part of their continuing professional development. Existing passenger transport drivers who wish to return to the industry after an absence and require their qualifications to be updated will also benefit from this course.
The BTEC Level 2 Certificate is designed to support and enhance the knowledge of prospective drivers who are looking to begin or continue a career in transporting passengers.
Lancashire College of Further Education are now offering a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to the Role of a Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver (QCF). This BTEC qualification is delivered by a sector specialist who is an existing taxi driver. He is qualified as an NVQ Assessor and Tutor.
This award is accepted by most Licensing Authorities. By obtaining this accredited qualification, you will promote a professional image for yourself and your company. You will further improve your skills and knowledge as a taxi driver. This award is now a mandatory requirement by some Authorities. Please check your Local Licensing Authorities for more details.
The course consists of nine units which are mandatory. The units are:
- Health & Safety in the Taxi and Private hire work environment
- Road Safety when driving passengers in a Taxi or Private hire vehicle
- Professional customer service in the Taxi and Private hire industry
- Taxi and Private Hire vehicle maintenance and safety inspections
- The regulatory framework of the Taxi and Private hire industry
- Taxi and private hire services for passengers who require assistance (includes wheelchair observations)
- Routes and fares in the Taxi and Private Hire vehicle Industries
- Transporting of parcels, luggage and other items in the Taxi and Private hire industry
- Transporting of children and young persons by Taxi or Private hire vehicles
All units are subject to external assessment and achievement of the qualification is through an externally set computer generated test. The assessment will also include two practical wheelchair observations.
The duration of this course is dependent on the progress of each candidate. The candidates must obtain 36 credits.
Successful candidates will achieve a BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Taxi and Private Hire Driver.
We have a number of enrolment dates throughout the year and can also deliver the course specifically for your organisation. Please call or email us on 01254-43393, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to choose a date that best suits your needs.
No Reviews found for this course.