Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry
Lancashire College of Further Education LCFE is one of the UK’s leading Security training providers for the BETC Level 2 in SIA CCTV Operations in Lancashire and throughout the UK:
The BTEC Level 2 Award in SIA CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the related SIA Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for CCTV Control Room Operators (PSS) and learners who wish to apply for an SIA licence and work as a CCTV Operative.
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification before applying for a
Although no formal qualifications are required, individuals must have the ability to read and write at literacy Level 2.
Candidates must bring the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on candidates joining instructions.
Candidates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
The candidates will cover 3 modules, which they must pass and complete in order to achieve a Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations and be able to apply for their SIA licence.
The course covers the following units:
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the Workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV Operations
- Understand the importance of communication within CCTV operations
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV System
- Understand health and safety relevant to the CCTV operator
Unit 3: Practical use of a CCTV.
- Operate CCTV Equipment.
- Demonstrate the operational use of a CCTV System.
The course is assessed through 2 multiple-choice examinations and a practical assessment.
This course is delivered over 3 full days and requires some evening study.
Successful candidates will achieve a BTEC Level 2 in Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry.
We have a number of enrolment dates throughout the year and can also deliver the course specifically for your organisation. Please call or email us on 01254-43393, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to choose a date that best suits your needs.
No Reviews found for this course.